Denver Flat Roofing – Flat Roofs and Low Slope Roofing
A roof that is almost flat and is often seen on commercial buildings is referred to as a low-slope roof, or simply a flat roof. A Flat Roof can also be found on residential buildings and homes as well. A flat roof really is a misnomer though, as no roof should technically be “flat”. It may appear to be a flat roof from the ground, but each roof should have a built-in slope to account for water drainage. Since there are very few residential homes with this type of flat roof system, most roofers are not equipped to work on them. Our crews are fully knowledgeable and trained on the unique and technical challenges that a flat roof can present, so give Denver Roofers Inc. a call.
Flat Roof Challenges
There are many technical challenges that can arise with a flat roofing system. These problems have to do with leak areas and the difficult process of finding them. A commercial roof should have absolutely no areas of standing water. Standing water on a flat roof is a sure sign of a problem and can be caused by sagging roof decking or poor draining planning.
To better serve our clients, our commercial sales representatives prepare a thorough “plan of action” for each individual project. This plan explains all of the flat roof options that are available when it comes to flat roofing material choices and which types suit your construction or restoration needs. When it comes to flat roofing, commercial or residential, our goal is to supersede your expectations!
Give Denver Roofers Inc. a call today for your free evaluation and quote!
Property owners are often convinced that repairing a flat roofing system is not the best options. We at Denver Roofers Inc. differ. We find that an effective repair done by a reputable company can save the owner money, time, and stress.
Most commercial flat roofing repairs take less than one business day to complete. When it comes to price, a repair is far cheaper than a replacement. Denver Roofers Inc. prides themselves on professionalism and guarantees their work. We offer free flat roofing inspections and damage evaluations and our estimates are valid for 60 days! Sometimes there are defective materials found on a flat roofing system; this does not mean that a total replacement is needed. It just means that a repair will fix the problem.
To maintain the integrity of your roof it’s important that damaged shingles or flashing materials be fixed as soon as possible. This will prevent water penetration and eventual wood rot that could lead to structural damage within the roof and property.
Flat roofing materials often require extensive repairs or replacements. A common problem occurs when the seams lose their adhesive bond and the surface of the material becomes damaged because of the heat and age. This is what results in the “alligator skin” appearance.
There are various methods for effectively repairing low sloped/no sloped roofs or flat roofing systems. Unfortunately it only takes one bad contractor for a property owner to realize how valuable a reputable reliable contractor is. This is why it is so important to check companies out before hiring them to do any project. Shop around and see what the competition is like. This way you are guaranteeing quality and professionalism.
Flat Roofing System Expenses
It’s easy to think that a flat roof would be much cheaper to apply product to than a pitched one. For access reasons alone it would seem it’s a lot easier to roof a flat surface area then one that is steep and also requires harnesses and braces to move around.
Many Denver roofing contractors will tell you though that dealing with flat surfaces is really harder on the back.
Labor costs differ. You could get a smart idea of the approximated price to cover your level roofing system based on the average product costs.
– PVC Membrane – aside from the membrane itself, an insulation board must first be installed in order to help with energy prices. The membrane layer is mounted in rows (6-18 ′), each of which must be hot-air bonded at the seams. Lots of service providers opt to mechanically secure the sides to help protect against uplift, all which contribute to labor expenses. All in overall, installment of a PVC membrane expenses approximately $7.00 to $10.00 each square foot.
– EPDM Rubber – makers aim to stay clear of joints with EPDM membrane dimensions that could get to 50 ′ large by 200 ′ long. These massive items are excellent for staying clear of feasible leaks at the joints, however these vast rolls are likewise really tough to take care of throughout the installation. EPDM membranes set up like a giant sticker label, yet this need to be done gradually as well as with precision to prevent air bubbles. Generally, EPDM rubber expenses between $4.00 and $7.00 per square foot mounted.
– TPO – insulation boards are first attached to the roofing substratum. TPO additionally comes in rolls and can be mechanically attached to the insulation boards or mounted with the self-adhesive. Costs are around $5.00 to $8.50 each square foot mounted.
– Modified Bitumen – modified bitumen is installed in several layers, each of which is torched to the surface area listed below at every 1/4 turn of the roll. This is a really labor intensive process that absolutely should be carried out by an expert. This type of roofing system does have cold-rolled innovations readily available now as well, but it includes a great deal of application of roofing tar. Estimated expenses are $3.00 to $6.00 each square foot installed.
– Built Up Roof – installation includes applying multiple layers of ply sheets that are bound with each other making use of hot asphalt. The leading layer could be a reflective finishing for power efficiency or crushed rock for added sturdiness. Expenses vary from $5.00 to $7.00 per square foot mounted.
– Spray-On Roof – applying a spray to a roofing system appears simple. The product could be applied right over an existing roof covering so little to no prep job is needed besides cleaning. It’s still vital to apply the spray uniformly as well as delicately though. The material itself will likewise determine the cost as polyurethane foam can be obtained as low as $3.00 each square foot as well as acrylic $6.00 each square foot. Silicon is the premier spray application, yet the material prices could drive installment costs up to $6.00 to $10.00 each square foot or more.
Choosing a proper level flat roof material is a two-part process. On one hand you want a substance that has nice aesthetics while fitting within your budget. You likewise wish to know the product will last.
DENVER ROOFERS INC. – FLAT ROOFING EXPERTS!
Often times we are able to successfully repair a portion or the entire surface of a flat roof, however, moisture and structural evaluations must be done to ensure that a flat roofing system has not met the end of its useful life. Many times owners are convinced that their flat roof is un-repairable due to the lack of knowledge in today’s flat roofing restoration options for Low-Slope (flat roof) and Steep-Slope roofing. Denver Roofers Inc. will provide free estimates and damage inspections by one of our in-house licensed insurance adjusters (flat roof or otherwise) and are valid for a period of sixty (60) days, unless otherwise noted.